Wallace Nutting Furniture Master Collection
Thematic Collection of 199 objects
About This CollectionBerea College's collection of Wallace Nutting furniture came to Berea between 1924 and 1944 through a series of gifts, purchases, and final bequest. The largest portion of the collection is light Windsor chairs (Nutting Cat. No.301 and No.408) purchased in 1936 to furnish the college library expansion. The second largest portion came to Berea as part of the Nutting Estate after Mariet Nutting's death in 1944. A few other pieces were gifts from the Nuttings during the 1920s and 30s to serve as models for Berea's Woodcraft products and to furnish residence hall parlors. A small part of the collection was exhibited to the public in the Log House Craft Gallery from about 1949 until 2019. Currently, however, there are no Nutting furnishings on public display. Berea College does not actively collect Wallace Nutting furniture nor prints.